Bike the Blossoms

"Abandon your fast life for another day of s l o w ..."

Whether you're pregnant or not (hey, I rode my bike until I was 8 months pregnant!) come and join other Slow Vancouverites at the Bike the Blossoms 23k ride sponsored by Slow Food Vancouver this Saturday, April 18th. It's only $10 each, and you'll be supporting the s l o w movement.

This self-guided tour is fun for the whole family! Enjoy a leisurely ride along boulevards of spring cherry blossoms, traveling through a diversity of neighbourhoods from the eastside to the westside, stopping at local community centres to meet local farmers, to sample local foods and refuel at slow food designated eateries, restaurants and cafes along the way.

Slow Birth will be there! Come join us!

(Apr. 19 - Well, that was fun! I saw lots of families with babies in various carriers riding through the city streets, but didn't spy any noticeably pregnant riders. And the weather stayed sunny and warm! The next day, at the Sun Run, I saw a LOT of pregnant participants - yahoo!)

- Jacquie Munro, Vancouver Doula, Slow Birth, Slow Planet

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © euronews-vancouverdoula Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes & newwpthemes Sponsored by Internet Entrepreneur